The article describes the differences in peculiarities of somatotype and body weight component composition in patients with acne, the study population being boys and girls of the Podillya region of Ukraine. In the study subjects, regardless of sex, body muscle mass, bone mass and the mesomorphic somatotype component of those with acne were significantly greater, while fat body mass indicators and the endomorphic somatotype component was smaller – in comparison to that of non-afflicted subjects of similar gender. Regarding the ectomorphic component of somatotype, between the surveyed groups of those with and without acne, whether male or female, no significant differences were revealed. For all indicators, whether the somatotype components or the component composition of body weight, between groups of boys or girls with different degrees of severity of acne, again no significant differences were established.
1. Kornetov N.A. Clinical anthropology – methodological basis for a holistic approach in medicine. Proceedings of the international conference “Current issues and achievements of modern anthropologists”, Novosibirsk, 2006.
2. Nikitiuk B.A., Moroz V.M., Nikitiuk D.B. Theory and practice of integrative anthropology. Essays. Kiev-Vinnitsa: Zdorov’ya, 301, 1998.
3. Samtsov A.V. Acne and acneforme dermatosis. Monograph M. : OOO “YUTKOM”, 288, 2009.
4. Szabó K., Kemény L. Studying the genetic predisposing factors in the pathogenesis of acne vulgaris. Human Immunology, 72, 9, 2011.
5. Kobileva N.G., Prohorenkov V.I. Ethnic peculiarities of the state of the skin in health and acne. Siberian Journal of Dermatology and Venereology, 2, 10, 2009.
6. Koynosov A.P. Clinical and constitutional studies in dermatology. Tutorial. Tyumen, Shadrinsk, 135, 2010.
7. Al-Gindan Y.Y. et al. Derivation and validation of simple anthropometric equations to predict adipose tissue mass and total fat mass with MRI as the reference method. British Journal of Nutrition. 114, 11, 2015.
8. Richard Pierson N. Jr. Quality of the Body Cell Mass: Body Composition in the Third Millennium Serono Symposia USA. Springer Science & Business Media, 345, 2012.