In the MTO (Make-To-Order) and MTS (Make-To-Stock) mixed production environment, it is important to make an accurate delivery promise on the ordering stage because the customer’s demand with unmatched production capacity is not always satisfied. A quick order promising method for an iron and steel enterprise, based on short-term production capacity balancing planning is proposed in this paper. With the help of this method, ATP (Available-To-Promise) concept is extended to RATP (Resource-Available-To-Promise) and DTP (Delivery-To-Promise) is given while making the resource promise. A heuristic method is developed to match the available resources with the order demand and the actual data testing results have shown that the method proposed can meet the demand of online order promising in a relatively short time.
1. Bui, T., H. J. Sebastian. Integration of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and Negotiation in Order Promising. – In: Proc. of 43rd HICCS Conference, Honolulu, 2010, pp. 1-10.
2. Chen, C., M. Siddharth, D. Purushothaman, B. Wang. The Capacity Planning Problem in Make-to-Order Enterprises. – Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol. 50, No 9-10, 2009, pp. 1461-1473.
3. Chen, J.-H., C. Chen. Using Mathematical Programming on Two-Phase Order Promising Process with Optimized Available-to-Promise Allocation Planning. – International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, Vol. 17, No 3, 2009, pp. 25-40.
4. Christos, T., T. Sung. Integration of Production Planning and Scheduling: Overview, Challenges and Opportunities. – Computers & Chemical Engineering, Vol. 33, 2009, No 12, pp. 1919-1930.
5. Hempsch, C., H. J. Sebastian, T. Bui. Solving the Order Promising Impasse Using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and Negotiation. – Logistics Research, Vol. 6, 2013, No 1, pp. 25-41.
6. Jung, H. S. An Available-to-Promise Model Considering Customer Priority and Variance of Penalty Costs. – International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 49, 2010, No 1-4, pp. 369-377.
7. Lu, S. Supply Chain-Oriented Multi-Stage ATP Study. – Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA). Hunan, 2008, pp. 712-716.
8. Meyr, H. Customer Segmentation, Allocation Planning and Order Promising in Make-to-Stock Production. – Supply Chain Planning, Vol. 31, 2009, pp. 229-256.
9. Molinè, J. I., A. M. Coves. Order Allocation in a Multi-Supplier Environment: Review of the Literature Since 2007. – Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, Vol. 6, 2012, No 3, pp. 139-146.
10. Song, X., Z. Lv, S. Dong. Network Capacity-Based Algorithm for Short Term Production Capacity Planning Problem in Steel Plant. – Computer Integrated Manufacturing System, Vol. 18, 2012, No 3, pp. 1839-1844.
11. Tsai, K. M., Y. J. Chen, S. Y. You. Channels Focused Production and Allocation Planning for a Steel Supply Chain. – A Fuzzy Goal Programming with Priority Approach. – Foundations of Computing and Decision Sciences, Vol. 34, 2009, No 2, pp. 125-152.
12. Zhang, J., B. Han, L. Nie. Research on Capacity Calculation and Assessment Framework for Chinese High Speed Railway Based on UIC406. – Journal of System and Management Sciences, Vol. 1, 2011, No 6, pp. 59-75.
13. Zhang, T., H. Cheng, Y. Zhang. A Method Based on MTO-MTS for the Order Planning of the Steel Plant. – Systems Engineering-Theory & Practice, Vol. 11, 2008, pp. 85-89.