In the paper presented the temperature of an oil-immersed transformer was measured, based on the principles of the fluorescence afterglow life. Three methods were used to calculate the fluorescence afterglow life τ by using the least squares method, the integral area ratio method and Prony algorithm. The leastsquare method, the integral area ratio method and the program of Prony algorithm are written using Matlab and C++. The Least-square fitting is susceptible to the influence of the DC component. When the DC location is different, the fluorescence afterglow life τ values vary widely. The integral area ratio method is not influenced by DC component, but it has low sensitivity. Prony algorithm is not affected by DC, it has high sensitivity. So Prony algorithm is selected as a way to obtain the fluorescence afterglow lifetime value τ.
1. Danping, Jia, Lin Qiu, Song Lin, Jihua Yang. Research on Temperature Monitoring System for Electrical Equipment Based on Wireless Sensor Networks. - Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 128-129, 2012, 706-709.
2. Danping, Jia, Hongli San, Weiqi Yuan, Yingwen Lin. Current Transformer Based On Optical Fiber Thermometry. - Transcations of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 23, 2008, No 10, 47-51.
3. Hongjun, Xia. Large Oil-Immersed Transformer Temperature Monitoring Technology. - Operation & Maintenance, Vol. 263, 2009, No 4, 23-24.
4. Shaojie, Wang, Zexi Hua, Li Wang. Design of Online Monitoring System for Thermal Characteristics of Oil Immersed Transformer. - Computer and Modernization, Vol. 192, 2011, No 8, 110-113.
5. Guangli , Zhou , Shulin E , Wenyuan Deng . Development and Application of Optical Fiber Temperature Sensor. - Optical Communication Technology, 2007, No 6, 54-57.
6. Danping , Jia , Ting Jia , Weiqi Yuan , Yingwen Lin. Non-Exponential Component of Fluorescence Decay and its Processing. - Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument, Vol. 29, 2008, No 12, 2581-2586.
7. Danping , Jia , Lele Lin,Weiqi Yuan , Yingwen Lin. A Study for Stability of High Precision Optical Fiber Fluorescent Temperature Measurement System. - Acta Metrologica Sinica, Vol. 29, 2008, No 2, 129-133.
8. Danping , Jia , Ting Jia , Lu Gao , Y i n g w e n L i n . Optimal Design of Optical Fiber Fluorescent Thermometry. - In: Proc. of SPIE, 7156, 2008. Doi 1117/12.896.808.
9. Danping , Jia, Peng Gao , Hongli San . Data Processing for Temperature Measurement Based on Fluorescence Lifetime. - Journal of Shenyang University of Technology, Vol. 28, 2006, No 5, 542-545.
10. Danping , Jia , Zhuo Yuan , Wei Lin . Research of DC Current Transformer Based on Optical Fiber Thermometry. - J. Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, Vol. 7, 2012, No 2, 11. Q i a n g Wa n g , J i a k u n . Prony Method Implementation Based on MATLAB. - Chinese Science and Technology Information Technology, 2007, No 4, 128-129.
12. Yifeng, Ding, Haozhong Cheng, Ganyun Lv, Yong Zhan, Yibin Sun, Rong Lu. Spectrum Estimation of Harmonics and Interharmonics Based on Prony Algorithm., Vol. 20, 2005, No 10, 94-97.
13. Danping , Jia , Zhuo Yuan , Hongli San. The Study of Fluorescence Thermal Measurement Based on DSP. - Procedia Engineering, Vol. 29, 2012, 2864-2868.
14. Danping , Jia, Zhuo Yuan . The Application and Dynamic Temperature Test Methods of Micro Thin Film Resistor Sensor. -Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 651, 2013, 511-516.
15. Zhang , Y . , K . T . V . Grattan , A . W . Palmer . Spectral Characteristics and Effects of Heat Treatment on Intrinsic Nd-Doped Fiber Thermometer Probes. - Review of Scientific Instruments, 1997, No 68, 3442-3445.
16. Xiaoling , Xia , Liwen Zhu. Fiber Optic Fluorescence Temperature Sensor. -Xiaogan College Journal, 2005, No 25, 78-81.