An in-house reference material of chloramphenicol (CAP) in pigs muscle was prepared from the chloramphenicol treated animals. The incurred muscle material was diluted by mixing with blank muscle sample. The concentration of CAP at the level 0.33 μg kg−1 was reached. For the homogeneity study, 10 random samples were analysed and the results were interpreted by Cochran’s test and the sufficient homogeneity test. Additionally, the samples were tested for their stability according to the following scheme: 1, 7, 14, 28, 56, 84, and 112 d. It was confirmed that an appropriate homogeneity and stability of the produced in-house reference material was obtained.
1. Council Regulation (EEC) 2377/90 of 22 June 1994. Off J Eur Commun 1994, L156, 6-8.
2. Commission Decision of 12 August 2002 2002/657/EC.
3. Council Regulation (EEC) 2377/90 of 26 June 1994. Off J Eur Commun 1994, L224, 6-8.
4. ISO 13528:2005: Statistical methods for use in proficiency testing by interlaboratory comparisons.
5. Plumb D.C.: Veterinary Drug Handbook, Iowa State Press, Ames, 2002, pp. 166-169.
6. Śniegocki T., Posyniak A., Żmudzki J.: Validation of the gas chromatography-mass spectrometry method for the determination of chloramphenicol residues in milk. Bull Vet Inst Pulawy 2006, 50, 353-357.
7. Śniegocki T., Posyniak A., Żmudzki J.: Determination of chloramphenicol residues in milk by gas and liquid chromatography mass spectrometry methods. Bull Vet Inst Pulawy 2007, 51, 59-64,
8. Thompson M., Ellison S.L.R., Wood R.: Pure Appl Chem 2006, 78, 145-196.
9. Walker R., Lumley I.: Pitfalls in terminology and use of reference materials Trends Anal. Chem. 1999, 18, 594-616.