The subclavian artery’s are two voluminous artery’s, left and right, which have their origin in a different way, the right one originating from the brahiocefalic trunk, and the left one directly from the aortic arch, at a distance that varies according to the origin of the left common carotid arteries.
Our study was made on computed tomography angiography, on which we have had the opportunity to examine the scans from Medimar Imagistic Center, in the County Clinical Hospital “Sf. Andrei” in Constanta, being carried out on a computer tomography GE LightSpeed 16 slice CT. Also, we had available angiography’s executed in the center for diagnosis Pozimed, being carried out on a computer tomography GE LightSpeed VCT64 Slice CT.
The variability of the findings in the anatomical parts of the subclavicular artery’s ostium, both as regards the size of the horizontal and vertical diameters, also their shape and as regards morfological relations with other branches of the aortic arch. The dimensions of the diameters vary according to sex, but it is a general rule that the dimensions are higher in male, the minimum and maximum values may be different in the two sexes.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Moore L.K. Dalley F.A. Anatomie médicale. Aspects fondamentaux et applications cliniques. Bruxelles: De Boeck; 2001
2. Nguyen H. L’aorte thoracique. In: Chevrel JP. Anatomie Clinique. Le Tronc. Paris: Springer-Verlag; 1994
3. Kamina P. Anatomie. Introduction à la clinique. 10. Tome 1.Tête et Cou. Muscles Vaisseaux Nerfs et Viscères. Paris: Maloine; 1996
4. Paturet G. Traite d’anatomie humaine Tome III. Paris: Masson; 1958
5. Bouchet A Cuilleret J. Anatomie topographique descriptive et topographique. 2. Le cou. Le thorax. Paris: Simep; 1991
6. Kamina P. Anatomie clinique. Tome 3. Thorax. Abdomen. Paris: Maloine; 2007
7. Testut L. Traité d’anatomie humaine. Angéiologie livre IV Paris: Gaston Doin; 1921
8. Shin IY Chung YG Shin WH Im SB Hwang SC Kim BT. A morphometric study on cadaveric aortic arch and its major branches in 25 Korean adults: the perspective of endovascular surgery. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society. 2008 Aug;44(2):78.
9. Malik S. The morphology of the abdominal aorta. Doctoral thesis Constanţa: University “Ovidius” of Constanta; 2017
10. Malik S Baz R Dina C Bordei P Rusali A Iliescu DM. Endo and exo aortic morphometry (endoluminal) in the aortic arch and its branches. ARS Medica Tomitana. 2016 May 1;22(2):103-7.
11. Terminologia Anatomica. Federative committee on anatomical terminology. Stuttgard: Georg Thieme. 1998.
12. Niscoveanu C Bordei P Baz R. Morphological characteristics of origin of superior arterial mesenteric trunk. ARS Medica Tomitana. 2016 Aug 1;22(3):145-52.