The authors focus their attention on the analysis of the probability density function of the equivalent noise level, in the context of a determination of the uncertainty of the obtained results in regard to the control of environmental acoustic hazards. In so doing, they discuss problems of correctness in the applicability of the classical normal distribution for the estimation of the expected interval value of the equivalent sound level. The authors also provide a set of procedures with respect to its derivation, based upon an assumption of the determined distribution of the measurement results. The obtained results then create the plane for the correct uncertainty calculation of the results of the determined controlled environmental acoustic hazard coefficient.
1. Batko W., Knapik O. (2013), Robust statistical procedures in statistical analysis of controllable noise indicators, accepted for publication in Acta Physica Polonica A.
2. Batko W., Przysucha B. (2010), Determination of the Probability Distribution of the Mean Sound Level, Archives of Acoustics, 35, 4, 543-550.
3. Batko W., Przysucha B. (2011), Random Distribution of Long-Term Indicators of Variable Emission Conditions, Acta Physica Polonica A, 119-6-A, 1086-1090.
4. Billingsley P. (1979), Probability and Measure, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 221-227.
5. Evaluation of measurement data - Supplement 1 to the Guide of Uncertainty in Measurement-Propagation of Distributions Using a Monte Carlo Method (2008), BIPM.
6. Gómez Escobar V., Barrigón Morillas J.M., Rey Gozalo G., Vilchez-Gómez R., Carmona del Rio J., Mendez Sierra J.A. (2012), Analysis of the Grid Sampling Method for Noise Mapping, Archives of Acoustic, 37, 4, 499-514.
7. Heiss A. (2001), A supplement of sound measurement technique by an online quality test procedure for the indicators LEQ and Lx%, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 241, 1, 29-39.
8. Kucharski R. (2011), Guidelines of Elaborate of Acoustic Maps, Publication of Chief Inspectorate of Environmental Protection, Warsaw.
9. Makarewicz R. (2011), Estimation of Day-EveningNight Sound Level of Road Traffic Noise in Urban Areas, Acta Acustica United with Acustica, 97, 228-236.
10. Makarewicz R., Gołębiewski R. (2006), Uncertainty of Traffic Noise Prediction, Acta Acustica United with Acustica, 92, 578-582.