The cellular structure and unique properties of aluminum foams are the reason of problems concerning their cutting and bonding. The content of the paper includes characterization of the essence of properties and application of aluminum foams, limitations and chances of aluminum foams soldering. The aim of the research is consideration of possibilities and problems of soldering AlSi foams and AlSi - SiC composite foams as well as mechanical properties. The possibility of soldering AlSi foams and AlSi - SiC composite foams using ZnAl solders was confirmed and higher tensile strength of the joint than the parent material was ascertained
8. Ashby M.F., Evans A.G., Fleck N.A., Gibson L. J., Hutchinson J. W. and Wadley H.N.G.: Metal Foams: A Design Guide, 2000.
9. Processing and Properties of Alulight®Aluminum Foams and Sandwich Panels for Shipboard Applications, National Shipbuilding Research Program, Panel on Product Development and Materials Technology, Biloxi, MS, 14 February 2008.
10. Sedliaková N., Simančík F., Kováčik J., Minár P.: Joining of Aluminium Foams Institute of Materials & Machine Mechanics SAS, Bratislava, Slovakia.
11. Simancik F., Rajner W. and Laag R.: Alulight - Aluminium foam for lightweight construction, SAE Technical Paper Series 2000-01-0337, Warrendale: SAE, Inc., (2000), 31-38.
12. Bernard T., Bergmann H. W., Haberling C., Haldenwanger H. G.: Joining technologies for Alfoam- Al-Sheet Compound Structures, Advanced Engineering Materials, No. 10, 4 (2002), 798-802.