1. The World Health Organization. Sustaining the drive to overcome the global impact of neglected tropical diseases: second WHO report on neglected diseases; 2013.
2. Hotez PJ, Fenwick A, Savioli L, Molyneux DH. Rescuing the “bottom billion” through neglectedtropical disease control. Lancet. 2009; 373:1570-5.
3. Wongsaroj T, Nithikathkum C, Rojkitikul W, Nakai W, Royal L, Rammasut P. National survey of helminthiasis in Thailand. Asian Biomed. 2014; 8:779-83.
4. The causes and impacts of neglected tropical and zoonotic diseases: opportunities for Integrated Intervention Strategies. Institute of Medicine (US) Forum on Microbial Threats, Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2011.
5. Secor WE. The effects of schistosomiasis on HIV/ AIDS infection, progression and transmission. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2012; 7:254-9. doi:
6. Tomaszewski R. Cardiovascular diseases in the tropics. Prog Health Sci. 2011; 1:217-9.
7. Ong CK, Subimerb C, Pairojkul C, Wongkham S, Cutcutache I, Yu W, et al. Exome sequencing of liver fluke-associated cholangiocarcinoma. Nature Genetics. 2012; 44:690-3.
8. Sakai S, Shida Y, Takahashi N, Yabuuchi H, Soeda H, Okafuji T, et al. Pulmonary lesions associated with visceral larva migrans due to ascaris suum or toxocara canis: imaging of six cases. Am J Roentgenol. 2006; 186:1697-702.
9. Hotez PJ. NTDs V.2.0: ‘‘Blue Marble Health’’- Neglected tropical disease control and elimination in a shifting health policy landscape. PLOS Negl Trop Dis. 2013; 7:e2570.
11. Murray CJ, Ortblad KF, Guinovart C, Lim SS, Wolock TM, Roberts DA, et al. Global, regional, and national incidence and mortality for HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study. Lancet. 2014; 6736:60844-8