1. Phalen GS. The carpal-tunnel syndrome. Seventeen years’ experience in diagnosis and treatment of 654 hands. J Bone Joint Surg. 1966; 48:211-28.
2. Akelman E, Weiss AC. Carpal tunnel syndrome: Results of surgical decompression. Lancet. 1969; 3: 918-9.
3. MacDonald RI, Lichtman JJ, Hanlon JN. Complications of surgical release for carpal tunnel syndrome. J Hand Surg. 1978; 3:70-6.
4. Okutsu I, Ninomiya S, Takatori Y. Endoscopic management of carpal tunnel sundrome. Arthroscopy. 1989; 5:11-8.
5. Agee JM, McCarroll HR, Tortosa RD. Endoscopic release of the carpal tunnel: A randomized prospective multicenter study. J Hand Surg.1992; 17:987-95.
6. Agee JM, Peimer CA, Pyrek JD. Endoscopic carpal tunnel release: a prospective study of complications and surgical experience. J Hand Surg.1995; 20:165-71.
7. Palmer AK, Toivonen DA. Complications of endoscopic and open carpal tunnel release. J Hand Surg. 1999; 24A:561-5.
8. Carter SL. A new instrument a carpal tunnel knife. J Hand Surg. 1991; 16:178-9.
9. Klein RD, Kotsis SV, Chung KC. Open carpal tunnel release using a 1-centimeter incision technique and outcomes for 104 patients. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003; 111: 1616-22.
10. Cellocco P, Rossia C, Bizzarria F. Mini-open Blind Procedure Versus Limited Open Technique for Carpal Tunnel Release: A 30-Month Follow-Up Study. J Hand Surg.2005; 30:493-9.
11. Lee H, Jackson TA. Carpal tunnel release through a limited skin incision under direct visualization using a new instrument, the carposcope. Plast Reconstr Surg.1996; 98:313-9.
12. Abouzahr MK, Patsis MC, Chiu DT. Carpal tunnel release using limited direct vision. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995; 95:534-8.
13. Hallock GG, Lutz DA. Prospective comparison of minimal incision “open” and two-portal endoscopic carpal tunnel release. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995; 95: 941-6.
14. Bromley GS. Minimal-incision open carpal tunnel decompression. J Hand Surg.1994; 19:119-20.
15. Serra JM, Benito JR, Monner J. Carpal tunnel release with short incision.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997; 99: 129-35.
16. Lee WB, Strickland JW. Safe carpal tunnel release via a limited palmar incision. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998; 101:418-24.
17. Wilson KM. Double incision open technique for carpal tunnel release: an alternative to open release. J Hand Surg.1994; 19:907-12.
18. Levine DW, Simmons BP, Koris MJ, et al. A selfadministered questionnaire for the assessment of severity of symptoms & functional status in carpal tunnel syndrome. J Bone Joint Surg.1993; 75:1585-92.
19. Watchmaker GP, Weber D, Mackinnon SE. Avoidance of transaction of the palmar cutaneous branch of the median nerve in carpal tunnel release. J Hand Surg. 1996; 21:644-50.
20. Atroshi I, Breidenbach WC, McCabe SJ. Assessment of the carpal tunnel outcome instrument in patients with nerve-compression symptoms. J Hand Surg. 1997; 22: 222-7.
21. Katz JN, Fossel KK, Simmons BP, et al. Symptoms, functional status and neuromuscular impairment following carpal tunnel release. J Hnad Surg. 1995; 20: 549-55.